Adventist Health is offering a new intensive lifestyle change program with trained coaches, to help people with pre- or borderline diabeties get a handle on the diabetes process, so it doesn't move forward.
The LiveWell Diabetes revention Program is recognized by the Centers for Disease Control.
Classes will cover how to eat health and add more physical activity into your day, managing stress and staying motivated, setting realistic and lasting lifestyle changes, and getting support from people with similar goals and challenges. They will be held at the LiveWell Cenetr at 7224 Skyway in Paradise (Beyond Fitness Campus).
It's a no cost program, covered by medicare and medical insurance. To find out more contact Adventist health Feather River Diabetes Edeucation Program Team and Nutrition Services. Call (530) 876-7297.
- LiveWell Diabetes Prevention to be offered locally
- The Seven Steps to Avoid Heart Disease Also Critical in Diabetes Prevention
- Fighting Against Diabetes in Shasta County
- Symptoms, measles prevention techniques
- National Diabetes Alert Day Highlights Health Risks in Shasta County
- Diabetes Risk Increased for Some With High Blood Pressure
- Local business offering free Christmas tree disposal
- Herbalist sentenced after death of diabetic boy advised not to use insulin
- High school football all-stars raise money for Lions youth diabetes camp
- Anderson Police starts surveillance at local Walmart to prevent car thefts