Now that Thanksgiving is over the Christmas season is in full swing. Many people were out shopping Friday, not for Black Friday deals, but for their Christmas trees.
One of many locations selling festive firs is the North Valley Plaza parking lot on Pillsbury Road in Chico. The lot features trees trucked down from Oregon, including Noble firs, Douglas firs, and Nordman firs, as well as the popular Silvertips.
The manager of Sierra Cascade Christmas Trees, Bill Patterson, says people were waiting outside when he opened at 9:00 Friday morning. Some customers said they like to come early for the best selection, including Anne Yates-Proctor.
Yates-Proctor said, "Some people want big ones, some people want little ones... some people have special trees. There is an art. You come the day after Thanksgiving and get a great one.
Patterson said, "We have repeat customers, in fact some people come in here who've been coming her for 30 years."
The Sierra Cascade Christmas tree lot is open 9 a.m. To 9 p.m. every day from now until Christmas Eve.
- Lines were long on Black Friday for Chico Christmas trees
- Christmas Tree Disposal
- Tracking California's 2019 Christmas tree
- Chico Boy Scouts have more Christmas trees on the way
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony brings holiday cheer to Downtown Chico
- Downtown Chico Christmas preview
- Forget Black Friday, Downtown Chico to host Small Business Saturday
- Local business offering free Christmas tree disposal
- Christmas tree removal in the north state
- People calling state's Christmas tree 'ugly'