We have a Special Weather Statement from the National weather Service - a line of strong thunderstorms will affect central Shasta County.
At 2:22 p.m. a strong thunderstorm was located over Shasta Dam, moving northeast at 20 mph.
This 5 to 10 mile wide thunderstorm is producing heavy rainfall.
Localized urban and small stream flooding is possible in areas of persistent heavy rainfall.
Pea size hail is possible with this storm.
Locations impacted include Redding, Shasta Dam, Palo Cedro, Shasta Lake, Anderson, Lakehead, Sugarloaf, Keswick, Central Valley, Olinda, Centerville, Igo, Central Valley CCDP, O'Brien, Mountain Gate, Ono and Lakehead-Lakeshore.
Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm.
Lightning can strike 10 miles away from a thunderstorm.
Seek a safe shelter inside a building or vehicle.
- Strong line of thunderstorms moves through Shasta County
- Strong Storm Moves In Sunday
- Shasta County United: words of support line fences across county
- Shasta Strong IPA is Making a Comeback
- Paradise Strong, Love Strong
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Frost
- Vietnam Stories from Shasta County
- Emergency notifications for Shasta County