BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - California lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow the Feather River Hospital to be reopened as an emergency room.
SB156 would allow Adventist Health to provide emergency services at the site of the former Feather River Hospital, despite a current state law that does not allow freestanding emergency departments.
The emergency room designation would be temporary and is intended to give the company time to assess whether, and to what extent, the town of Paradise will return.
It would also determine whether the construction of a new hospital is viable.
- Lawmakers consider bill to reopen Feather River Hospital as emergency room
- Feather River Health Center Reopens
- Feather River Flows Increase Until June
- Feather River Fish Hatchery Ladder Opens Friday
- Tug boats are moving from the Feather River
- Feather River Hospice Light Up A Life is Thursday
- Adventist Health Feather River top for pulmonary services
- Half a million Steelhead released into Feather River
- Salmon Season Now in Session for Sac, Feather Rivers
- Parks and Recreation, volunteers clean up Feather River