REDDING, Calif - On Jan 26 at approximately 12:07 a.m., California Highway Patrol officials in Redding responded to a two-vehicle collision on Interstate 5 just south of Redding.
CHP says the collision occurred in the northbound lane of Interstate 5 just off of Knighton Road.
According to CHP officials, a 2007 Nissan Altima was struck in the rear by a 2007 Dodge pickup. The adult male driver and sole occupant of the Dodge was uninjured.
CHP confirms the adult female and sole occupant of the Nissan was fatally injured. Witnesses report the Nissan stopped in the number three lane, which is the slowest lane and the vehicle was "blacked out" which CHP confirms that the vehicle had no lights on.
Officials say alcohol impairment does not appear to be a factor. The identification of the deceased is pending notification to next of kin by Shasta County Coroner's Office.
- Late night collision in Redding causes one fatality
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Two Dead Following Fatal Collision in Susanville
- Two Highway Collisions in Redding Cause Delays
- Redding man dead after motorcycle collision
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision
- Two dead after fatal head-on collision on I-5 north of Redding
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- Two Dead After Fatal Head-On Collision in Rio Oso