CHICO, Calif. - The last patient in a mass overdose in Chico is now out of the hospital.
One man died and 14 others were taken to the hospital after a party at a house on Santana Court Saturday.
Police are working to figure out exactly what drug or combination of drugs was at play.
Chico Police Chief Michael O'Brien says officers are also looking into the source of the drugs.
"We suspect, as I said all along, that this was a Fentanyl or Fentanyl family-type overdose," he said. "We don't have that confirmed yet. We suspect it, but we want to make sure things are confirmed before we report that to the public. And we want to determine how the Fentanyl, if that was Fentanyl, how that was ingested."
Chief O'Brien credits the Narcan his officers had on hand for saving lives.
- Last Patient Released, Police Continue to Investigate Mass-Overdose Incident
- Victim Speaks Out About Chico Mass-Overdose Incident
- How Doctors Treat Overdose Patients
- Daniel Baldwin Offers Support After Mass-Overdose in Chico
- Neighbor Speaks Out About Mass-Overdose in Chico
- Two Arrested in Gold Country Casino Overdose Incident
- Enloe: 2 patients remain hospitalized, 3 released
- Idaho police identify suspect in mass stabbing
- Authorities Confirm Death in Mass-Overdose in Chico as Fentanyl, Methamphetamine, Cocaine Poisoning