LASSEN COUNTY, Calif. - The Lassen Volcanic National Park turns 103 on Aug. 9 and will be celebrated with various events.
The weekend will kick off with Day in the Park Festival and a barbecue lunch served by Anderson Rotary Club, Aug. 10 at Loomis Plaza from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, Reach the Peak Hike-a-Thon Aug. 11, at Lassen Peak Trail from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Funds raised will support Lassen Park Foundation projects and programs.
Kids under 12 are free. Find Registration for the Hike-a-Thon and more at lassenparkfoundation.org.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park turns 103
- Highway closed at Lassen Volcanic National park
- Services Affected by Government Shutdown at Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Snowy butterfly migration can be seen at Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Entrance to Lassen National Park is free
- Lassen National Park closes trail due to bear activity
- Lassen National Forest needs their radios back
- Vegetation Fire Burns in Lassen National Forest
- Lassen National Forest to conduct control burn
- Lassen Lodge Safety Realignment Project is completed