The California Department of Transportation, District 2 announces the completion of the Lassen Lodge Safety Realignment Project on State Route 36.
It is a 3 mile segment of the roadway west of Lassen National Park and the town of Mineral.
Local residents, the general public and the media are invited to a Press Conference and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
It will be held Wednesday November 29th at 11 a.m. at Lassen National Park Conference Room, 38050 Highway 36 East, Mineral.
Construction began in May of this year and realigned 20 curves, increased shoulder widths to 4 feet and 8 feet, increased catchment areas, improved culvert and other drainage facilities, and installed guardrails. Including over 200,000 cubic yards moved.
24 hour one-way traffic control operations were in place for several months, including some holidays causing major delays.
- Lassen Lodge Safety Realignment Project is completed
- Eaton Road extension project completed
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Project Complete
- Highway closed at Lassen Volcanic National park
- Lassen National Forest needs their radios back
- Vegetation Fire Burns in Lassen National Forest
- Lassen County poacher sentenced for killing raptors
- Entrance to Lassen National Park is free
- Crews battling fire in Lassen County
- Crews battling wildfire in Lassen County