Port Moresby, PAPUA NEW GUINEA (AP) - A large earthquake has struck the middle of Papua New Guinea.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude-7.5 quake hit about 89 kilometers (55 miles) southwest of Porgera early Monday in the Pacific island nation.
It wasn't immediately clear if there was damage. The Geological Survey website had 19 reports of feeling the quake, including some saying the shaking was violent.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/25/2018 10:54:35 AM (GMT -8:00)
- Large earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- 3.3 earthquake rattles North State communities
- Pair of earthquakes rattle San Jose area
- Swarm of small earthquakes rattles the East Bay
- Weeks after a deadly earthquake, Puerto Rico is rattled again
- White House chaos rattles markets
- Earthquake Concerns
- 6.4 quake rattles Southern California and Nevada