UPDATE 5:09 p.m. Monday, May 6, 2019 - Authorities have identified the driver involved in a deadly crash on Highway 99 last Friday, which killed one person and injured two others.
Officers said the driver, Sergio Delacruz, 25, received major injuries after failing to see the traffic stopped in front of him. He hit the back of a big rig after attempting to stop.
The 26-year-old woman in the front seat was not wearing a seatbelt and was killed. Her name has not been released. A two-year-old in the back seat received minor injuries.
CHICO, Calif. - One person died and two were injured in a crash on northbound Highway 99 at the Eaton Road off-ramp.
According to the California Highway Patrol traffic logs, the crash occurred around 4:25 p.m. on Friday.
Authorities said the semi-truck was stopped when a Hyundai vehicle ran into the back of the truck.
The female passenger in the front seat died at the scene. Authorities said there was a man driving the vehicle and a child in the car as well.
One lane is currently blocked and causing traffic delays.
Stay tuned for updates.
- 1 dead, 2 injured in crash involving semi-truck
- Semi-truck crash creates fuel spill
- Highway 70 partially blocked by semi-truck after crash
- A semi-truck full of cheese crashes and sets fire
- Ord Ferry Road still closed after semi-truck crash
- Semi-truck crash causes downed power lines in Chico
- Semi truck crash caused 2K to lose power in Chico
- Semi Truck Fire Stalls Traffic in Chico
- Semi-truck busts Chico fire hydrant
- 1 injured after head-on crash involving 3 cars