OROVILLE, Calif. - For the first time in a long time, the water levels at Lake Oroville are higher than usual for Labor Day weekend which means a big crowd on the water.
Kira Ambrose travels three hours from Kelseyville every year to enjoy the weekend on the water but for her and her family, it is more than the Lake's beauty and community that continues to bring them back.
"It's great recreation for house boating, skiing, camping, the dogs love it, our families love it," said Ambrose.
Employees told Action News Now they have been preparing for a busy weekend with making sure rental boats are ready.
"This is the first time in a long time we've had this much water going into Labor Day weekend..." said the assistant general manager of the Bidwell Canyon Marina, Sherry Cook. "We're really excited, we're glad the water is this high, it'll give us a good weekend."
With hundreds planning to head out to the water, Officials are reminding everyone to stay vigilant.
Lieutenant Steve Collins of the Butte County Sheriff's Office says Labor Day weekend is when they typically see more water rescues. He added there will be an increase in personnel this weekend in areas like Lake Oroville and the Sacramento River.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office wanted to remind people there is no alcohol allowed in the Sacramento River during the weekend.
- Lake Oroville ready for Labor Day Weekend
- Numerous Areas around Lake Oroville Set to be Open for Labor Day Weekend
- Reconstructed spillway ready for rising Lake Oroville
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update
- Shasta Lake gets ready for Memorial Day weekend
- What to expect for Labor day weekend
- Heating up for your Labor Day Weekend
- Labor Day Boating Safety
- Oroville's Feather Fiesta Days Spans Two Weekends