The Almanor Ranger District will be removing the Almanor Boat Ramp for the season on December 5th.
The ramp is not designed to withstand the winter conditions that are experienced at Lake Almanor.
Boaters will still be able to enjoy access via the Canyon Dam Boat Launch, which is free of charge to use.
The ramp is located on the southernmost end of Lake Almanor, the Canyon Dam Boat Ramp will remain open for the winter season.
The Canyon Dam Boat Launch access road is located just southeast of Rocky Point Campground on Highway 89.
The Almanor Ranger District anticipates returning the Almanor Boat Ramp to service in late April 2018.
- Lake Almanor boat ramp closing for the winter
- Highway 89 Closed at Lake Almanor for Bridge Replacement Project
- Lake Almanor man arrested for stabbing stepson
- WATCH VIDEO: Traffic safety issues at Lake Almanor's Spillway Bridge
- Snow near Lake Almanor twice as deep as normal
- Lake Almanor to be higher than average during 2019 summer
- Almanor Ranger District seeking summer campground hosts
- Boat ramp cleaning halted by Tehama County permits
- Man dies in crash near boat ramp, waste management facility
- Two-Car Rollover Crash Closes SR 99 On-ramp