REDDING, Calif. - The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) District 2 has released some road closures and information for drivers to be aware of for the upcoming Labor Day Weekend.
Interstate 5, Dunsmuir to Mount Shasta
Lane closures will remain in place, with traffic restricted to one lane in each direction. Southbound 1-5 to Southbound State Route 89 connector ramp and the Northbound State Route 89 to Southbound 1-5 connector map is remaining closed. Detours are in place.
Drivers may experience lengthy delays during the following peak traffic periods:
- Friday, August 31, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 1, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 3, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 4, 12 - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 1 - 4 p.m.
During peak traffic times, North Mt. Shasta Blvd. off-ramp from Southbound I-5 may be closed. Drivers are urged to stay on the freeway in the area and take advised delay routes.
State Route 299W, between Redding and Weaverville
Post Carr Fire emergency repair work is still in place between Redding and Trinity Dam Blvd., near Lewiston. Drivers can expect traffic control in various locations with up to 30-minute delays during these times:
- Friday, august 31, 6:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 4, 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Rest Area Closures
The Collier Rest Area (on I-5 in Siskiyou County, north of Yreka) will remain closed through Labor Day Weekend
The Grass Lake Rest Area (on U.S. 97 in Siskiyou County) remains closed for water treatment system replacement
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures
- Heating up for your Labor Day Weekend
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Labor Day Boating Safety
- Town of Paradise road closure
- Road closures in Glenn County
- Caltrans District 2 Road Closures
- Getting cooler today, but warming up for Labor Day Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend DUI Enforcement by Yuba City PD
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend