YUBA CITY, Calif. - The Yuba City Police Department is participating in a DUI national enforcement campaign through late August and the early part of September.
Officials said they’re participating in the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign which will increase the number of officers on the road to stop suspected drunk driver.
Yuba police officers will have a special emphasis during an 18-day mobilization to enforce all traffic violations by deploying DUI Saturation patrols on:
• August 24
• August 25
• September 1 through 3
Authorities will also have a DUI checkpoint on August 31.
The enforcement campaign runs through Labor Day weekend, which is considered one of the deadliest times of the year in alcohol-involved traffic deaths, according to the Yuba City Police Department.
At least 10,497 people were killed in those type of crashes or one person every 50 minutes.
- Labor Day Weekend DUI Enforcement by Yuba City PD
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures
- Heating up for your Labor Day Weekend
- Labor Day Boating Safety
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD
- Yuba County Election Results
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule
- Yuba City Police targets neighborhood speeders
- Yuba City Christmas Stroll road closures
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge closure