YUBA CITY, Calif. - The Yuba City Police Department is participating in a DUI national enforcement campaign through late August and the early part of September.
Officials said they’re participating in the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign which will increase the number of officers on the road to stop suspected drunk driver.
Yuba police officers will have a special emphasis during an 18-day mobilization to enforce all traffic violations by deploying DUI Saturation patrols on:
• August 24
• August 25
• September 1 through 3
Authorities will also have a DUI checkpoint on August 31.
The enforcement campaign runs through Labor Day weekend, which is considered one of the deadliest times of the year in alcohol-involved traffic deaths, according to the Yuba City Police Department.
At least 10,497 people were killed in those type of crashes or one person every 50 minutes.
- Labor Day Weekend DUI Enforcement by Yuba City PD
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures
- CHP ends labor day maximum enforcement period with over 1,000 DUI arrests
- Heating up for your Labor Day Weekend
- What to expect for Labor day weekend
- Lake Oroville ready for Labor Day Weekend
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD
- Labor Day Boating Safety
- Yuba County Election Results
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule