Chico Calif.—Action News Now spoke with Congressman Doug LaMalfa about China’s tariff.
The tariff will be on more than 100 imported US goods including a 15% tariff on nuts, which has north state farmers worried.
Many see this as a retaliation for our recent steel and aluminum tariffs.
LaMalfa says we have a 375 million dollar trade deficit with China because of poor trade policy negotiations.
He says that agriculture is one of the things we manage to export very well, which is why we need to fight with trade reps to make sure it is fairly represented.
LaMalfa told Action News Now that this isn’t the end of the conversation, but that the President came in to shake things up and that’s what he is doing.
- LaMalfa Talks on Agriculture Tariffs
- LaMalfa Supports Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Congressman LaMalfa responds to gov’t shutdown
- One-on-one with Congressman Doug LaMalfa
- Congressman LaMalfa Reacts to Aanestad's Death
- Doug LaMalfa Sworn Into House of Representatives
- The Scariest Agriculture in Town
- North State Congressmember LaMalfa Talks About the Reopening of the Federal Government
- CSUC Agriculture department gets million dollar gift
- Seized Marijuana Equipment aids Agriculture Students