Many people are talking about a new sign on decades-old favorite spot downtown Chico.
La Salles on Broadway has received a major facelift from Billson Construction Co.
Since the 70s the location has gone from a delicious restaurant to a late night college bar.
The site supervisor John Morelock says the current owners have had the location for about 18 years and also own 5th Street Steak House and Riley's Bar.
While they decided to keep the same name, they plan for La Salles to become a family orientated bar and restaurant instead of drawing in the late night crowds.
Which has downtown business owners excited says Mic Needham who has owned 'Needham Stained Glass Studio' next door since the beginning.
"I think when it was a college bar it wasn't very helpful for my business, but the kind of clientele that this restaurant will draw, families more, will be great for my business so I'm really excited," said Needham.
Supervisor Morelock says La Salles will have a full kitchen, a dance floor and back patio with fire pits and games such as Bocchi ball.
The hope is to have the restaurant open by mid-March.
We are hoping to speak with the owners sometime this week to hear more about their future plans.
- La Salles in downtown Chico makes a come back
- La Salles in Chico to re-open this week
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Chico Downtown Parking Pains
- Downtown Thursday Night Market is Back in Chico
- Downtown Chico Christmas Preview is Sunday
- World's rarest cars in downtown Chico
- Downtown Chico Tree Lighting is tonight
- Christmas business booming in downtown Chico
- Firefighter memorial live from downtown Chico