The African American Family and Cultural Center is preparing for it's 6th Annual Kwanzaa Celebration December 26th through January 1st.
It' s a celebration of African American Heritage, but it open to everyone and FREE. Five of the days the events will take place at the AAFCC at 3300 Spencer Avenue in South Oroville, but the night of "Kuumba-Creativity" Feast on December 31st will be held at the Southside Community Center, at 21959 Lower Wyandotte Avenue in South Oroville.
Center Director Bobby Jones says with the Camp Fire situation it is more important than ever for people to unite and come together.
Here are the six days of Kwanzaa activities:
12/26 Umoja - Unity 5:30 - 7 p.m. AAFCC
12/27 Kujichagulia - Self Determination 5:30 - 7 p.m. AAFCC
12/28 Ujima - Collective Work & Responsibility 5:30 - 7 p.m. AAFCC
12/29 Ujamaa - Cooperative Economics 5 - 6:30 p.m. AAFCC
12/31 Kuumba - Creativity Feast 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Southside Community Center
1/1 Imani - Faith 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. AAFCC
For more information call the AAFCC at (530) 532 - 1205
- Kwanzaa Celebration Planned in Oroville
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville
- Chico Honors Africa - A Taste of Kwanzaa
- Oroville woman celebrates 100th birthday
- 90th Anniversary Celebration planned for Oroville State Theatre
- Oroville AAUW Plans Benefit Garden Party
- Fourth of July Concerts Planned for Oroville
- New York New Year's Eve celebration in Oroville
- Celebrate Chinese New Year at Oroville's Chinese Temple
- Chinese New Year celebrated at historic Oroville Temple Sunday