REDDING, Calif. - People in Redding will be seeing a lot of cars lined up in the city this week for the Kool April Nights Classic Car Show.
The week-long car show started on Saturday, April 20, but kicked into high gear on Monday with several different events.
All of the events are leading up to a big cruise on Friday and show on Saturday.
This year, it's the 30th anniversary of the event in Redding. The event raises money for the local community.
"After the bills are paid from this week-long event, all the profit we make goes back to the community and it has been that way for 30 years," said Debra Fox, president of Kool April Nights.
Fox said that they hope to push the fundraising efforts over $1 million this year. The event has already raised $950,000.
For a full schedule of events, CLICK HERE.
Action News Now spoke with one of the participants, Joe Porus, who gave an in-depth look at his ride featured in the event. Learn more about the 1968 Chevrolet Camaro in the video below.
- Kool April Nights begins in Redding
- Kool April Nights Kicked off in Redding
- Kool April Nites Week in Redding
- Kool April Nites could impact Redding economy by $1 million
- A Year of Firsts for Kool April Nites
- 'Kool April Nites' cruise set to take place Friday evening
- Kool April Nites kicks off new generation of car events
- Drivers prepare for the Kool April Nites Cruise happening Friday
- Kool April Nites donates to Boulder Creek Elementary
- Kool April Nites 2019: An inside look at classic cars