CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department arrested a man for allegedly stealing a vehicle, burglary, vandalism and brandishing a knife at Pleasant Valley High School.
According to Chico police, school employees noticed a man on Friday at 8 a.m. identified as Rigoberto Sosa-Barrera, 25, walking on the campus.
When school employees confronted him, he entered a storage locker.
There, he stole several items such as vehicle keys to a black Dodge truck, which had been stored behind a locked gate, officials said.
Barrera then drove the truck through the school fence and sped off only to return 45 minutes later to the school to retrieve some of his items he left behind while allegedly stealing the car.
The owner of the Dodge reviewed surveillance video of the incident and confronted Barrera.
Barrera then threatened the stolen vehicle victim with a knife, giving the suspect a chance to walk away from the scene, officials said.
Chico police say officers arrested Barrera a short time later at a nearby area.
Barrera was placed under arrested and taken to Butte County Jail on charges of possession of a stolen vehicle, burglary, felony vandalism, and brandishing a knife.
- Man with Knife Vandalizes and Steals Vehicle at Pleasant Valley High School: Chico PD
- Pleasant Valley High School Put on Temporary Lockdown
- Pleasant Valley High School athlete drafted by Houston Astros
- Redding PD: Burglary Suspect Steals 2 Vehicles, Steals Another One After Jail Release
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship
- Pleasant Valley High girls, boys compete for basketball state title
- Surveillance video shows vehicles being vandalized in north Chico
- Chico police arrest suspect accused of vandalizing 14 vehicles
- DUI Suspect arrested for causing chain-reaction crash by Pleasant Valley High School