REDDING, Calif. - 50 kids in need some of which were impacted by the Carr Fire were able to get some back to school shopping paid for on Sunday.
It was a part of the Redding 20 30 club which held their annual back to school shopping spree.
Kids were able to spend $100 from Old Navy along with a new backpack and a new pair of shoes from Payless.
The club says that because of the impact to the community it was even more important to these families this year.
"School shopping is so expensive that we really just kind of want to make a difference and want to help out people may not be able to afford normally and really get these kids like a really good start to the school year,” said Tori Luchini.
- Kids Impacted by Carr Fire Get a Back-To-School Shopping Spree
- Contractors Shopping Spree
- Bikes for Carr Fire Kids Stolen From Redding Bike Shop
- Winter Storm Impact on Carr Fire Areas
- United Way and Target host shopping spree for Camp Fire kids
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Taiwanese Humanitarian Group Donates to Families Impacted by Carr Fire