Chico, Calif. - Chico Community Ballet and Chico Creek Dance Centre are presenting "Keeping Dance Alive! 2.0" Friday April 27th and Saturday April 28th, at the CUSD Performing Arts Center on the campus of Pleasant Valley High School.
Organizers say it comes with a new vision that celebrates performing arts education for all ages in our local community through dance, song, and music. The first Keeping Dance Alive was in 1991 following deep cuts to dance education at CSU, Chico. The final show was in 2014 at Laxson Auditorium.
The new production will showcase various styles of dance, including ballet, bolleywood, aerial dance, musical theater, tap, hip-hop, and more!
You will get to enjoy dancers from a variety of groups, schools and studios, with most of these pieces being created strictly for this show. Community members are encouraged to come and support the amazingly talented dancers in the production.
In addition to dancers, there will also be performances by the Little Stars String Trio and a piece from the Inspire School of the Arts and Sciences production of "42nd Street."
Performances are April 27th at 7:30 pm, and April 28th at 2:00 and7:30 pm. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online here: http://www.actionnewsnow.com/content/links/Keeping-Dance-Alive-20-480172873.html (Look under Chico Creek Dance Centre), or by calling 1-855-222-2TIX (2849).
- Keeping Dance Alive Returns to the Stage in Chico
- Riders kick start cycling season with 'Chico Stage Race'
- Bridal Show returns to Chico
- Tahoe woman found buried alive
- FL students stage school walkouts
- Chico group helps keep city's waterways clean
- "Into the Wardrobe" ballet returns to Chico
- Chico Fire Department's return from Thomas Fire
- Chico business has watch stolen, returned
- Thursday Night Market returns in Chico