KFC is joining the chicken sandwich trend, except they are swapping out the buns for two glazed doughnuts.
KFC will be serving doughnuts at several locations, according to Business Insider.
The basket options will pair chicken on the bone or chicken tenders with your choice of one or two doughnuts, and a sandwich with a chicken fillet smooshed between two doughnuts.
The new sandwich was announced on Tuesday that it was testing its "Chicken and Donuts' menu items for a limited time in locations across Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and Pittsburgh.
The new meal will cost $5.50 for one doughnut and $7.50 for two doughnuts. KFC is also giving its customers the option to add a hot doughnut to any meal for $1.
Would you try this? Let us know in the comments below.
- KFC introduces new doughnut chicken sandwich
- Popeyes customer pulls a gun after being told there were no more chicken sandwiches
- Popeyes says you can BYOB (that's B for Bun) and make yourself a chicken sandwich
- Burger King creates 'nightmare' green sandwich for Halloween
- Redding Introduces New City Flag
- Gridley house fire started in chicken coop
- Tyson chicken strips have been recalled
- Perdue recalls 31,000 pounds of chicken
- Redding Rancheria Tribal Government Officials introduced
- Oroville City Council Introduces Two Cannabis Ordinances