Chico Calif.—According to Chico Police, Monday April 2nd around 5:30 p.m. they received a report from K-Mart that there had been a robbery.
K-Mart Loss Prevention employees confronted a suspect they said shoplifted approximately $12,000 in jewelry.
When confronted the suspect who was later identified as Philip Walton, 29 years old from Magalia took out a gun and fled the store.
Walton reportedly fled the store in a silver 2004 Toyota Scion.
A Butte County Sheriff’s Deputy saw the vehicle in question on Waterford Drive in Chico, but was unable to maintain visual contact and the suspect evaded capture.
Butte County Deputies later arrested Walton at his home in Magalia.
A Chico Police Officer locate the handgun used in the robbery, and determined that it was a replica bb gun.
To stay up to date with all things local SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- K-Mart Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Subway Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Lakehead home invasion robbery suspect arrested
- Attempted robbery suspect arrested in Downtown Chico
- Chico Police arrest suspect in two robberies
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Orland CVS Robbery Suspects Identified
- Anderson armed robbery suspect identified
- Marysville police arrest CVS robbery suspect in just a minute
- Calif. bank robbery suspect arrested in Nevada after chase