COTTONWOOD, Calif - A Mt. Shasta man has been arrested after his girlfriend claimed that he physically and sexually assaulted her after he broke into her residence.
According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, a “confidential victim” called police at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday to report that her boyfriend, 49-year-old Jason Adrian Lanphear, sexually assaulted her at the 20000 block of Front St., in Cottonwood.
The victim said that Lanphear forced his way into her residence and refused to leave her home and at one point the suspect, dragged her out of the home and down a staircase.
SCSO officials said the victim was able to call the police, which prompted Lanphear to run away from the residence before officers could arrive.
Deputies continued to search for the suspect and were able to find Lanphear at 2735 Radio Lane in Redding, according to SCSO.
K-9 Jax was called to action and later caught the suspect without further incident.
Lanphear was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for:
• Attempted murder
• Oral copulation by force
• False imprisonment
Lanphear is being held on a bail of $502,500.
- K-9 Jax apprehends sexual assault suspect in Redding
- Redding police K-9 helps apprehend armed suspect
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- Redding K-9 Captures Church Burglar Suspect
- K-9 Helps Arrest Redding Burglary Suspect
- Redding K-9 Helps Nab Suspected Car Theif
- Suspected bank robber apprehended with cash
- Redding SWAT Team Apprehends Redding Man Wanted for Attempted Murder
- SCSO: Man Suspected of Domestic Violence Assaults K-9
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges