Butte County, Calif.—Jury selection began Monday for the man accused of murdering a woman in a Chico hotel room.
35 year old Marc Valcarenghi is accused of strangling 34 year old Audra Rochelle Houston to death in her hotel room at the Safari Inn in July of last year.
Valcarenghi is facing 25 years to life in prison if found guilty.
Once a jury is seated, the trial is expected to last 15 days.
It will be held at the Butte County Courthouse in Oroville.
- Jury Selection Began for Valcarenghi Murder Trial
- Jury Selection Underway in Valcarenghi Murder Trial
- Jury Finds Valcarenghi Guilty in Murder Case
- Jury Selection Begins in Redding Murder Trial
- Valcarenghi Trial Continues in Oroville
- Jury Hears Opening Statements, Witness Questioning in Marc Valcarenghi Murder Trial
- Oroville’s Parkwatch began patrols today