Chico, Calif. -- Job creation and economic growth are two issues that are top of mind for many leaders of various North State communities.
A growing business, which offers online sales to a global market, has chosen Chico for expansion and is looking to a local employment force to help meet its growing demand for services.
Employees of the E-commerce online women’s undergarment company, Third Love, arrive to work in a chic, sleek and high-tech office space which bustled with activity.
The company offers women online sales and shipments of specially fit bras.
With a quick glance one might believe they have stepped into an office space in New York or Silicon Valley, but the platform is local.
Launched in 2013, the San Francisco-based and female-led company currently employs 140 people in its new Chico office and is looking to double that number. Managers say the plan and goal of the company is to look to the local work force to meet that need.
Third Love Training Manager Desiree Jackson says the company explored a number of different California cities for expansion consideration, but found the proximity to San Francisco as well as the pool of talent to choose from, swayed the decision to choose Chico. She says the company recognized Chico as an ‘up and coming’ community and says being able to draw from talented employees attending Chico State University was an added benefit.
Chico City Manager Mark Orme says with each addition of businesses such as Third Love which provides a thriving E-commerce opportunity for the community, Chico’s economic ball grows larger and rolls faster.
He says the benefit to the city is that it creates jobs, which provide paychecks which then lead to disposable income which is the economic engine for the city.
- Job Growth: Chico Welcomes New E-Commerce Business
- CEO and President of Chico Chamber of Commerce Steps Down
- Chico Chamber of Commerce 2018 Local Election Guide
- Chico Mall welcomes new Xfinity location
- Car crashes into Chico business
- Chico Businesses Attend Cannabis Panel
- Hackers Welcomed at the ‘Norcon Security Conference’ in Chico
- Chamber of Commerce to Host Chico City Council Candidates at Forum
- New trampoline business its doors in Chico
- Christmas business booming in downtown Chico