CHICO, Calif. - The Jesus Center in Chico will not be moving to city-owned property near the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds after all.
The decision not to sell the city-owned property to make way for the organization came in a closed session of the Chico city council.
City council members would not explain the decision, but the operators of the Jesus Center are not giving up.
“So we have three active teams working on the relocation so we have met with all those teams this week and we made some pivots. We made slightly some changes to our to-do list, but I spend probably four out of every six hours on our relocation work and that has not changed anything since last Tuesday,” said Laura Cootsona, the executive director of the Jesus Center.
Jesus Center officials are taking a look at several other properties for possible relocation.
- Jesus Center in Chico halt plans to relocate for now
- Jesus Center Relocation Still a Possiblility
- Jesus Center Relocation Efforts Move Forward
- Chico City Council approves concept to relocate Jesus Center
- Chico community employment center to relocate
- Neighbors: Jesus Center Out-Of-Compliance, Jesus Center Disagrees
- Some public outcry against plans to move Jesus Center
- Chico City Council Paves Way for Jesus Center Move
- Jesus Center withdraws from low-barrier shelter project in Chico
- Chico City Council to consider working with Jesus Center on proposed warming centers