REDDING, Calif.—The Shasta County Board of Supervisors approved Sheriff Bosenko’s Jail Expansion Project.
They have directed the Public Works Director to advertise for bids.
The project will add showers and improvements to the exercise yards.
The capacity of the jail will increase from 381 beds to 445 beds upon completion.
The project has received approval from the State of California.
Bid opening will take place July 12th.
The construction is expected to begin in early August.
The project is anticipated to be completed by the end of 2018.
As the improvements and showers are completed it may be possible to use the increased bed space as it becomes available.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Jail Bed Expansion Project Approved in Redding
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Project Complete
- Captive Air in Redding Approved for Expansion
- Stanley Avenue Project Approved
- Butte County Jail Expansion in Progress
- Oroville Hospital undergoes major expansion project
- Shasta County could soon be getting desperately needed jail beds
- Redding Announces Cannabis Business Approval
- Shasta County Jail Expansion Expected to Fill Quickly
- Announcing the Redding Identity Project