Glenn County, Calif.—The investigation into the fatal DUI crash that allegedly caused the death of popular Pleasant Valley coach Brett Silva of Chico is moving forward.
The crash occurred on Highway 32 west of Chico in Glenn County in January 2017.
No charges have been filed against the suspect, 25 year old Ramon Barrerra Junior of Arbuckle.
This has caused frustration for Silva’s family, friends, students, and co-workers.
Glenn County District Attorney Dwayne Stewart said they have identified what lab to use to examine their evidence and they are moving forward with the case.
Dwayne Stewart stressed to Action News Now that this investigation has not been put on the back burner.
- Investigation into Death of Brett Silva Moving Forward
- Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic
- Brother, District Attorney weigh in on Brett Silva case
- Loved ones hold candlelight vigil for Brett Silva on 1-year anniversary of his death
- StoneGate Project Moves Forward
- Tips on moving forward after a tragedy
- Bill to Restructure Dam Oversight Moves Forward
- Jesus Center Relocation Efforts Move Forward
- Redding Death Investigation Underway
- Chico City Council moves forward with proposed development impact fees