GRIDLEY, Calif – The Gridley City Council has voted to appoint Al Byers as the permanent Gridley Police Chief. The decision at the March 4th City Council meeting was unanimously. Byers has been serving as Interim Police Chief for the past four months, since Dean Price resigned.
In selecting Byers, the City Council and staff were very impressed with his skills and his overall alignment with the Gridley Police Department’s needs and vision.
Mayor Bruce Johnson said, “Al’s temperament as an effective and predictable leader who’s consistently oriented towards the well-being of the community and every individual Department staff member was particularly noted and valued by the Council and staff.” He noted that “Byers’ type of consistency and
predictability was especially appreciated.”
Byers’ compensation package will be $120,000. annually. He will protect Gridley’s population of 7,000.
- Interim Gridley Police Chief made permanent
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- Gridley Community Angry Over Police Chief Resignation
- UPDATE: Gridley's 2 Competing Newspapers
- Gridley hosts Red Suspenders Day
- California to Face More Permanent Water Restrictions
- Gridley Police Searching for Suspect in Fatal Hit and Run
- Police Identify Body Found in Walnut Orchard in Gridley
- Paradise Appoints New Police Chief
- New Paradise Chief of Police