BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A man on trial for elder abuse is facing more charges after trying to escape from a Butte County courtroom.
Dustin Lehning, 35, of Chico, was on trial for felony elder abuse of his mother on Friday.
As the jury was dismissed, deputies say he made a run for front hallway before a deputy tased him and took him into custody.
Deputy Murray, who detained Lehning, was working his last shift prior to retirement.
Lehning was convicted on the felony elder abuse charges and remains booked at Butte County Jail. The Butte County Sheriff's office is requesting that additional charges be filed for his attempted escape.
- Inmate attempts to escape from Butte County courtroom
- Escaped inmate found in Eureka
- Manhunt for inmate who escaped California prison
- ICYMI: New Program for Inmates at Butte County Jail
- 15 year old sentenced for attempted murder in Butte County
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide