Thousands of blockbuster stores nationwide have shut down and there's only one left. Despite the growing popularity of digital media, there’s still one video store in Chico left standing.
Business isn't exactly booming, but customers still keep on coming. Dustin Jenks is the owner of 'All the Best Video'. His father first opened the business in 1982, but things have changed quite dramatically since then. The family business downsized from 23 stores to 2.
There's one in Magalia and there's this one, here in Chico.
Despite the growing popularity of streaming services like Netflix or Redbox, customers we spoke to say that they will continue to support this local business.
We asked Dustin what his secret to survival is, and he told us that it’s all about keeping old videos of classic movies in stock. He also told us that he plans to experiment with different ideas, like hosting movie nights, to keep the store in business.
- In Digital Media Age, Last Video Store in Chico Stands Strong
- Paradise Strong, Love Strong
- Justices Adopt Digital-Age Privacy Rules to Track Cellphones
- Digital Spring Cleaning Tips
- Chico's holiday spirit strong despite wet weather
- Chico residents cool off in triple-digit heat
- Ag conference takes root in Chico
- New Salvation Army store opening in Chico
- Witness Reacts to Chico Convenience Store Attack
- Man Robs Chico Mall Jewelry Store