On Feb. 5, 2018 at about 11:05 p.m., a deputy with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office was conducting a routine patrol in the area of Highway 299 near Friday Ridge Rd. when he observed a green Nissan sedan travelling eastbound on Highway 299 with one headlight out and expired registration.
The deputy attempted a traffic stop on the vehicle. The driver, later identified as Harvey Robert Crews Jr., failed to yield and continued into Trinity County. The deputy continued to pursue the vehicle onto Salyer Loop Rd. and then onto Campbell Ridge Rd. towards Humboldt County. Crews then pulled over at a gate on the road, exited the vehicle and fled on foot downhill into nearby brush.
The Hoopa Valley Tribal Police responded to assist. Deputies were unable to locate Crews. During a search of Crews’ vehicle, deputies located a loaded AK-47, a loaded rifle, a loaded pistol, ammunition and processed marijuana.
Crews is described as a white male adult, medium complexion, 5 feet 9 inches tall, approximately 165 pounds, black short hair and hazel eyes. Crews is wanted on a felony warrant for evading a peace officer and possession of an assault weapon.
Anyone with information about Crews’ location or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
- Illegal guns, ammo discovered during traffic stop in Humboldt County
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- Traffic Alert: Humboldt Road Closed Until March
- Humboldt County SWAT team parole man with drugs and guns
- Man in Humboldt County arrested with drugs and loaded guns
- Butte County deputy hospitalized after traffic stop
- Anderson Traffic Stop Finds Felon with Drugs and Gun
- Guns and cash seized in Oroville traffic stop
- Redding traffic stop leads to arrests for drugs and gun