Photo Gallery 6 Images
ANDERSON, Calif. - Two days of early morning sweeps in Anderson led to 34 arrests.
Multiple units from Anderson Police Department, along with Shasta County Probation Department and the Shasta County Sheriff's Custody Divison, conducted an illegal encampment sweep on August 23 and 24.
The early morning sweep targeted illegal camps on public and private property and focused on those near waterways.
Arrangements have been made to clean up the 20 camps that were found during the sweep.
Of those 20 camps, 34 people were arrested and below are the charges they face:
- 2 Felony Warrant(s)
- 21 Misdemeanor Warrant(s)
- 3 Probation / Parole Violations
- 26 Unlawful Camping
- 8 Water Pollution
- 8 Narcotics Related Offense
- 12 Trespassing
- Illegal encampment sweep leads to 34 arrests in Anderson
- Anderson PD arrest two in illegal encampment
- 16 arrested during Anderson warrant sweep
- Redding locals wonder of parking structure encampment
- Anderson crash leads to DUI arrest
- Homeless being told to leave big California encampment
- Update: Elder abuse suspect caught near Redding Homeless Encampment
- Firefighters contain vegetation fire at homeless encampment in Chico
- A traffic stop in Anderson leads to a drug arrest
- 5 arrested in Anderson for illegal camping on Sac River tributary