CHICO, Calif. - A group of Chico co-workers who hit it big in the Powerball Lottery have come forward to claim their nearly five million dollar prize.
The eleven lucky winners all work at Northern Valley Indian Health in Chico.
Their lucky ticket matched five of the six numbers in the drawing, bringing them 4.9 million dollars. That works out to around 270 thousand dollars each, after taxes.
The owners of Duke's Cork 'n Bottle Shop on the Esplanade will receive more than 24 thousand dollars for selling the winning Powerball ticket.
- ICYMI: Chico Co-Workers Claim 4.9M Powerball Lottery Prize
- $4.9M Winning Powerball Ticket Sold in Chico
- Powerball Prize Grows to $750 Million
- ICYMI: Almond Board Predicts Record Almond Crop
- ICYMI: California State Parks Offers Virtual Visits
- ICYMI: Chico Woman Who Was Set on Fire is Recovering; Husband Arrested
- ICYMI: Police Say Rite Aid Pharmacy Robberies in Chico and Redding Are Related
- ICYMI: Chico Mayor talks homelessness, housing and budget at State of the City
- Wife of Furloughed Worker Wins $100K, SUV in Lottery
- ICYMI: New Program for Inmates at Butte County Jail