CHICO, Calif. - The Rohr Chabad Jewish Center in Chico is helping evacuees get cars to replace those destroyed during the Camp Fire.
The Chabad Center was able to give away a Toyota Prius to one fire survivor a few days ago. He was given the keys and the title to the vehicle.
Rabbi Mendy Zwiebel says he has received an overwhelming number of applications for cars and is choosing names at random.
"We're not promising," he said. "We're doing the best we can."
"There are over 500 applications," he explained.
He said as vehicles come in they pass them on to people that need them. "We're just doing a raffle," he explained. "Which ever name comes up, we'll contact them. If it works, great. If not, we'll pass to the next person."
Rabbi Zweibel says the center is still working to secure as many cars as they can.
HERE IS A LINK to click on to donate or request assistance.
- ICYMI: Camp Fire Cars Being Replaced For Free at Chabad Jewish Center
- Chabad Jewish Center hold 12th annual Hanukkah celebration
- Jewish Center Hopes to Give Cars to Evacuees
- ICYMI: Almond Board Predicts Record Almond Crop
- ICYMI: California State Parks Offers Virtual Visits
- ICYMI: Chico Co-Workers Claim 4.9M Powerball Lottery Prize
- ICYMI: New Program for Inmates at Butte County Jail
- ICYMI: Thermalito Woman Upset About Oroville Mayoral Race Campaign Photos
- ICYMI: PG&E Considering Options Like Downsizing and Bankruptcy
- ICYMI: DWR back in court over Oroville Dam spillway lawsuit