UPDATE 10:23 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018 - The #1 lane is now open. The #2 and #3 lanes are remain closed due to the fire.
According to Cal Trans, the fire started around 9:30 a.m. and it consumed a hay trailer and spread to vegetation on the side of the road near Sunset Hills Drive.
Photo courtesy of Don Kimball.
TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - A portion of I-5 is closed due to a vehicle fire on Wednesday morning.
Cal Trans has issued a closure for I-5 southbound at Bowman Road.
Motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for more updates.
- I-5 Reopens Following Hay Truck and Vegetation Fire
- Truck Drivers Respond to I-5 Reopening
- Orland fire crews extinguish vegetation fire off of I-5
- Southbound Lanes of I-5 Reopened After Flooding
- Cal Fire Tehama-Glenn Unit Asks For Info Related to Vegetation Fire near I-5
- Delta Fire Traffic Conditions: I-5 Reopens After Emergency Closure
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Fireplace ashes spark vegetation fire in Oroville
- Shed Fire Spreads to Vegetation in Magalia
- Vegetation Fire Contained in South Chico