PANAMA CITY, Florida (AP) - The Latest on Hurricane Michael (all times Eastern):
Authorities say a Florida Panhandle man was killed by a falling tree as Hurricane Michael tore through the state.
Gadsden County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Anglie Hightower says they received a call around 6 p.m. Wednesday, saying a tree had crashed through the roof of the man's Greensboro home and trapped him. Emergency crews were heading to the home, but downed power lines and blocked roads were making the trip difficult.
Officials hadn't immediately confirmed the man's name.
- Hurricane Michael: Man Killed in Florida Home by Fallen Tree
- Hurricane Michael makes landfall in Florida Panhandle with 155-mph winds
- Fallen tree causes power outage in Redding
- Petition helps save Florida tree house
- Michael Strengthens Into Category 3 Hurricane
- Mexico Beach is 'wiped out' by Hurricane Michael as other Florida cities are smashed
- Firefighters Kneel, Pray After Mother, Infant Crushed by Fallen Tree
- Video: Drone Footage of Destruction Debris From Hurricane Michael
- LATEST: Scenes of Destruction in Mexico Beach from Hurricane Michael
- Fallen firefighter honored in Chico