Redding's sixth-annual Hops and Shops event was a huge success.
The event is put together by Viva Downtown and combines beer tasting with shopping.
Event-goers got a map and a tasting glass then walked around to all the different downtown shops sampling more than 20 kinds of beer.
Participating shop owners say it's a great way to draw people to the area.
“We've seen a huge turnout,” Enjoy the Store owner James Mazzotta said. “And it's just a lot of fun. It's exciting. We really get to meet a lot of really cool people. They get to be exposed to downtown and stores that they're not familiar with.”
Stores like Carousel on Yuba Street.
“Every year, we have multiple people that have never been here before,” Carousel owner Suzanne Russell said. “So it's just so positive for all the businesses down here to get new foot traffic, exposure.”
26 shops in downtown Redding played host to more than 20 different micro-breweries.
Some of them were local and some were from as far as Southern California.
Organizers estimate they sold more than 400 tickets to the event, slightly more than last year.
- Hundreds hit downtown Redding for Hops and Shops
- Redding Women's March Draws Hundreds
- Excitement Brewing in Downtown Redding
- Thieves Arrested in Downtown Redding
- New hops production factory proposed in Paradise
- New hops factory being proposed in Paradise
- Downtown Redding shop owners fear parking structure project could impact business
- Redding Event Combines Craft Beer and Shopping
- Weekend Storm System Hits Redding
- Redding DUI Hit and Run