BLUE LAKE, Calif.- The Humbolt County Sheriff's Office is investigating human skeletal remains, discovered in a steep, wooded area.
They say a neighbor found the remains near the junction of Blue Lake Boulevard and Maple Creek Road Friday night around 6 p.m.
The man was looking at how much garbage had been dumped in the area when he spotted the remains among the debris.
The Sheriff's Office said there is no evidence of foul play.
The Coroner is working on identifying the remains.
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office investigating discovery of human skeletal remains
- Butte County Sheriff is investigating human remains found in Bangor
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office Makes Huge Heroin Bust
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office seizes 630 pounds of marijuana
- Humboldt County Sheriff Seeks Church Burglary Suspect
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office investigates a body found in a state park
- Missing Humboldt County child found safe, mother remains at large
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy injured in shoot-out with suspect