On Feb. 13, 2018, at about 4:10 p.m.,Humboldt County sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to Birdie Ln. in Redway for the report of a possible stabbing.
Upon arrival, deputies learned that the suspect, 25-year-old Chase Lee Ganey, had been driving erratically on Birdie Ln. near Redway Elementary School. When a resident approached Ganey about driving dangerously, Ganey reportedly drew a knife, threatened the victim and then physically assaulted him. Several area residents came to the victim’s aid, disarming and detaining Ganey prior to law enforcement’s arrival.
The victim was not stabbed during this altercation.
Further investigation with the assistance of the California Highway Patrol revealed that Ganeywas driving with a Blood Alcohol Level almost twice the legal limit.
Ganey was arrested and booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility on the following charges: assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats, assault, battery, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a suspended license and violation of probation.
- Humboldt County sheriff deputies arrest man for assault with deadly weapon
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop
- Manton man arrested for assault with a deadly weapon
- Chico Man Arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Corning woman arrested for assault with a deadly weapon
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy injured in shoot-out with suspect
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Humboldt County Sheriff Seeks Church Burglary Suspect
- Former deputy arrested on illegal weapons charges