UPDATE 11:25 a.m. Tuesday, June 4, 2019 - The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office located an escaped inmate in Eureka on Tuesday.
Authorities spotted Allmon running near D and Clark Streets in Eureka around 10:25 a.m.
After a brief foot pursuit, Allmon was taken into custody by officers in an alley to the rear of the 1200 block of C Street.
He is currently being booked back into the jail on additional charges.
EUREKA, Calif. - The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating an inmate that walked away from an inmate work crew at the Humboldt County Correctional Facility Monday.
Officers first discovered that inmate Corey James Allmon, 25, was missing around 1:10 p.m. on June 3.
Allmon was working on a crew that was performing maintenance on the Hikshari Trail near Truesdale Street in Eureka at the time of his disappearance.
Authorities believe he may be heading south on the trail toward Hilfiker Lane.
Allmon is described as the following:
- Black, adult male
- Approximately 190 pounds
- Medium build
- Short, black hair and brown eyes
- Was last seen wearing a blue shirt with a white undershirt, blue jeans and black boots
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 and the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office at 707-445-7251.
- Escaped inmate found in Eureka
- Eureka Approves On-Site Cannabis Consumption
- Eureka Mother Sentenced for Killing Daughter in DUI Crash
- Eureka man wanted for exposing himself to juveniles
- Manhunt for inmate who escaped California prison
- Manhunt is on for Inmate Who Escaped From San Quentin
- Inmate attempts to escape from Butte County courtroom
- Oroville family escapes house fire
- How a Ring surveillance system and an alert couple helped lead to the capture of an escaped inmate in Tennessee
- Missing Inmate Captured in Oroville