MCKINLEYVILLE, Calif.- The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office arrested a man for sexual assault and false imprisonment at a busy shopping center.
Deputies say they got the call reporting a sexual assault that had just occurred on Feb. 12, just before 3 p.m.
When deputies arrived at the shopping center, the 18-year-old female victim told them that she was smoking a cigarette outside when she was approached by 54-year-old Clifford Andrew Enloe.
According to the victim, Enloe began making conversation while moving in front of her so that she was cornered against a wall.
She reported that Enloe then sexually assaulted her and asked her to go with him to his hotel room. When she said no, she says Enloe began to threaten her and grabbed ahold of her as if he was hugging her.
A woman who was walking by says she noticed the victim and Enloe outside. She says as she was leaving a nearby store when she saw the unwanted hug. The victim then mouthed "help me" to the woman, who quickly came to her aid. The woman was able to pull the victim away from Enloe and enter a nearby store to call law enforcement.
Based on information provided by the victim, deputies were able to quickly locate Enloe outside of a business on Pickett Road.
Enloe was arrested and booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility on charges of false imprisonment and sexual battery. Additional charges of criminal threats have also been requested.
The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office says they would like to recognize the female passerby for noticing that something was not right in this situation and helping the victim.
- Humboldt County shopping center sexual assault arrest
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Humboldt County sex offender arrested with narcotics
- Manhunt Underway for Assault Suspects in Humboldt County
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges
- Humboldt County sheriff deputies arrest man for assault with deadly weapon
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop