LOLETA, Calif. - The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office made the largest heroin bust in the county's history.
Sunday afternoon, deputies pulled over Adrian Cota-Alonso and Edgar Barragan-Castano on Hookton Rd. in Loleta. A K-9 sniffed out drugs in a fake compartment in the back seat of the car. When deputies checked the compartment they discovered 12 pounds of heroin, as well as more than $6,000 cash.
According to The Economist, at current street value that amount of heroin could yield profits of around $1,088,622.
Both Cota-Alonso and Barragan-Castano were booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility for possession and transportation of controlled substances for the purpose of sales.
Anyone with information related to this investigation or other narcotics-related crimes are encouraged to call the Humboldt County Drug Task Force at (707) 444-8095 or the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office Tip Line at (707) 268-2539.
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office Makes Huge Heroin Bust
- Humboldt County agencies bust heroin distribution ring
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office seizes 630 pounds of marijuana
- Humboldt County Sheriff Seeks Church Burglary Suspect
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Busts Drug Lab in Cohasset
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy injured in shoot-out with suspect
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop
- Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office is looking for suspect in stabbing
- 3 arrested after Humboldt County Drug task Force busts drug house