HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Calif - A Humboldt County man is behind bars after shooting his rifle at a nearby residence on Friday and then barricading himself at his home.
According to the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a report of “shots fired,” just after 10 p.m. Friday in the area of 3994 Highway 36, Hydesville.
A witness at the scene said that Eric Lee Barber, 45, was shooting at their residence with a rifle, according to HCSO.
Barber then barricaded himself in his residence and refused to follow deputies’ orders to leave the home, said authorities.
The HCSO “Crisis Negotiation and S.W.A.T.” teams then responded to the area, and after various attempts to force him to leave, the suspect would still not cooperate, said HCSO.
After some time “S.W.A.T.” made entry into Barber’s home and took him into custody without further incident.
Barber was booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility for:
• Assault by force likely to cause great bodily injury
• Discharge a firearm in a negligent manner
• Obstruct or resisting a public officer
The suspect’s bail is set at $100,000, anyone with information regarding this investigation is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707)-445-7251 or (707)-268-2539.
- Humboldt Co. man barricades himself after firing rifle
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- UPDATE: Magalia Man Barricades Himself Inside Residence
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- Looking Back at the Humboldt Fire
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Cal Fire Contains Pilot Fire in Humboldt County
- Vegetation fire on Humboldt Ave. near Hwy 32
- Man arrested after walking through McKinleyville with loaded rifle
- Viral Post: Man turned in his rifle to police