Warning: Graphic Video
A surgical team in India successfully removed a brain tumor from a man that weighed over four pounds.
The tumor was as big as the man's head.
The neurosurgeons believe it's the largest brain tumor successfully removed from a human.
The tumor was taken from a 31 year-old man in a complex seven hour-long operation February 14th.
The lead surgeon said managing the blood loss from the patient was a major challenge.
He said the tumor sat like a head on top of the patient's head making it very difficult to operate without damaging nerves.
The patient is a small shopkeeper in northern India.
He and his wife are struggling to pay for his treatment and have borrowed money from their relatives and friends.
- Huge brain tumor removed in India
- Debris Removal Deadlines Approaching
- PG&E tree removal concerns
- Firefighter working huge California fire dies
- Interactive Map: Debris Removal Process
- Illegal debris removal in Paradise
- Super Bowl Fever: It’s Good for the Brain
- American Legion of Paradise Help Struggling Veteran with Brain Cancer
- Sen. McCain Won't Continue with Brain Cancer Medical Treatment: Family
- Women's Brains Appear Younger Than Men's, Study Finds