BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A bill designed to speed up the construction process for housing in Butte County after the Camp Fire passed the Natural Resources Committee unanimously.
Assemblyman James Gallagher said the bill—AB-430—would streamline the environmental review process.
Chico Mayor Randall Stone opposes the bill. Stone said it’s a government overreach into the community.
The bill is now heading to the Assembly Appropriations committee.
- Housing bill passes Natural Resources Committee unanimously
- AB430 passes Senate Housing Committee
- Camp Fire housing bill passes through to next committee
- House passes bill to avert government shutdown
- Senate committee advances fire-protection bill
- Senate Republicans pass tax bill
- GOP-led House passes NRA-backed gun bill
- Butte County housing bill passed by State Assembly