QUINCY, Calif. - Cal Trans District 2 says the placement of lightweight iron beams for the Spring Garden Bridge project on Highway 70 will cause one hour of traffic delays for drivers east of Quincy.
According to PIO Maria Franco, there will be three days when those beams will be installed in August including:
• Saturday, August 18
• Wednesday, August 22
• Saturday, August 25
During those days, drivers can expect to be delayed for at least an hour between 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., but delays won’t occur during school commute hours on August 22 (7 a.m. to 8 a.m.), officials said.
The Spring Garden Project located in Plumas County was proposed in 2015 in hopes of widening, paving and rehabilitating the bridge.
- Hour Long Delay at Hwy 70 east of Quincy
- Oro Quincy Hwy Won't Reopen This Year
- Open House to Review Hwy 70 Safety Project
- Man arrested after hours long standoff
- Man arrested for meth sales in Quincy
- Quincy Native Signs with Four Year School
- Quincy Woman Drowns in Indian Falls
- UPDATE: Two men killed identified, one arrested after suspected DUI crash on Hwy 70
- Oroville man pleads not guilty to DUI for fatal Hwy 70 collision
- 2 Paradise residents and a Belden man killed in Hwy 70 DUI Crash