The heat is ramping back up this week, and the potential for mountian thunderstorms will be lingering in the mountains today. Sunny to mostly sunny skies are ahead for Northern California on this Monday, and the potential for thunderstorms is ahead for the Sierra this afternoon and evening. Active weather is not expected to be as widespread as last night, and should be mostly confined to the Eastern Slopes of the Sierra. It's a warm start to your Monday morning. Valley areas have dipped into the mid to high 70's overnight, and mountain areas are in the 50's to 60's this morning. Winds are starting out out of the Northeast to 10mph this morning, but are expected to shift to become out of the South this afternoon. South winds to 10mph are likely later today. Humidity is projected to dip into the 15 to 30 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures will end up in the 102 to 107 degree range in the valley this afternoon, while mountain areas top out in the high 80's to high 90's. Fire danger will stay in the high range this afternoon, but could climb back into the extreme range towards the middle of the week.
Temperatures are expected to continue to climb through the middle of the week, and the potential for mountain thunderstorms will mostly taper off after Tuesday evening. A Heat Advisory will go into effect for the entire valley and foothill areas at noon on Tuesday, and will stay in effect through 11pm Thursday. Temperatures in the valley are projected to top out in the 105 to 110 degree range from Tuesday through Thursday. Temperatures will stay very hot on Friday, but are expected to drop just below the criteria for the Heat Advisory to be extended. Updates to projections could push Heat Advisory further towards the weekend.
Sunny skies, and hot temperatures will continue for the weekend ahead. Valley areas will range from around 98 to 106 degrees through the weekend.
- Hotter temperatures & a chance of t-storms are ahead for your Monday
- Unhealthy air quality & hotter temperatures ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Breezy Monday, Warm Temperatures
- Cooler temperatures & more thunderstorms ahead
- Rising temperatures & poor air quality are ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Getting hotter but more mountain T-Storms are possible
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat ahead for your Monday
- Cooler Tomorrow With Chance of Rain Ahead
- Warm Sunday with chance of mountain storms