SHASTA COUNTY, Calif - The closure of Interstate 5 is causing hotels in Redding to remain full.
Cal trans lifted the closure at Fawndale Road Friday morning, but many other parts of the highway still remain closed.
Hotel owners in Redding say due to the Fourth of July holiday, they were already pretty booked but were happy to make room for those stuck in the area.
“We were full last night, we will be full again tonight. I mean we are monitoring the freeway to see when it’s opened and when it’s closed,” said Ed Rullman with Best Western Hotels.
At last check, Cal trans has reopened I-5 in both directions and do warn if fire conditions change some closures may be up again.
- Hotels Remain Packed After Thursdays Highway Closure
- Tahoe Highway 28 Overnight Closures
- Closure of Oro-Chico Highway for Construction
- Highway 70 Intermittent Closures Through October
- Traffic Alert: Highway 32 Closure Between Chico and Chester
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Remains Found in Bag on Side of Rural Glenn Co. Highway
- Traffic Alerts: Highway 299
- April Snow Pack Survey says Reservoirs are Above Average